My recipe for a great night in….if I had the opportunity to choose a night at home to enjoy myself and was able to choose the time, place and what I’d do, then this is my idea of heaven. I’m a simple soul, who enjoys her own company, and likes nothing better than to indulge myself in this way.
A log cabin in the woods, surrounded by swaying trees and lofty mountains. There’d be a lake too, with a pier, so in the morning, when the sun rose and the day got warmer, I could run down the pier and jump into the waters of the lake to cool off. The dark would surround the cabin, the crickets would chirp, the night birds would sing and all the serial killers, Tommyknockers and shit-weasels (if you read Stephen King you’ll know this one) and other freaks would stay away. This is my safe haven. No villains allowed.
• Great music – Kasabian, IAMX, The Killers – playing on the radio or on the TV
• Dim lighting throughout the cabin, bright enough to read by and keep the monsters away.
• My Kindle. And Wi-Fi. Obviously.
• A few really good books from some of my favourite authors.
• A warm, comfortable blanket to snuggle up under.
• A packet of shortbread biscuits and a slab of Milky Bar chocolate.
• A log fire blazing in a stone hearth, casting shadows on the walls. Friendly shadows.
• A bottle of good red wine.
• Warm, toasty toes heated by said fire.
• Hot, steaming cocoa for when the wine is finished and I’m nearly ready to go to bed.
• A beautiful four poster bed with fluffy pillows, goose down duvet and to die for mattress for a good night’s sleep.
*Sighs* sounds wonderful doesn’t it? Of course, perhaps when I go to bed then I might let the half naked, sexy, dark haired man I had resting at my feet come along with me to keep me warm and provide us both with a little exercise prior to bed. Oh who the hell am I kidding. There’s no damn ‘might’ about it The perfect ending to the perfect evening.
• Title: Double Alchemy: Climax (Double Alchemy Book #2)
• Author: Susan Mac Nicol
• Publisher: Boroughs Publishing Group
• Release Date: 22nd May, 2014
• Genre: M/M Paranormal Romance
Powerful modern warlock Quinn Fairmont found ecstasy with the silver-eyed and not-quite-human Cade Mairston, but to know true happiness the pair must best both the shadow of a long-ago lover and an ancient enemy who seeks to destroy love, light and all they hold dear.
A BLINDING LIGHT
It begins with a Book of Shadows discovered by a London coven. The grimoire is as dangerous as it is rare, which is why it evokes modern-day warlock Quinn Fairmont’s desire. He collects objects of great power and beauty—like his lover, Cade Mairston.
Against all odds he and Cade found each other, but their perils have just begun. First is the ex-lover who once held Quinn in thrall. And, someone has been killing warlocks. Could it be one of his own kind? There are those too who would challenge Quinn’s power in their quest to overthrow him as Grand Master. Or is the danger something darker, something invoked inadvertently, rising from the shadows, building from the very inside of a man until it brings an end with a quick flash of light? Of the truth, the surface has only been scratched. Now Quinn and Cade must go deeper and find both answers and an end. They must learn what lurks in the hearts of men…and whether it seeks to love or destroy.
About Susan Mac Nicol: Susan Mac Nicol was born in Leeds, UK, and left for South Africa when she was eight. She returned to the UK thirty years later and now lives in Essex. Her debut novel Cassandra by Starlight, the first in a trilogy, was published last year by Boroughs Publishing Group in the US. Sue’s latest story, Double Alchemy: Climax is her sixth m/m romance.
Sue has written since she was very young, and never thought she would see herself becoming a Romance writer, being a horror/psychological thriller reader all her life. But the Romance genre is now something very close to her heart and she intends continuing the trend.
Sue is a member of the Romance Writers of America and the Romantic Novelists Association here in the UK.
Susan Mac Nicol is also author of The Magick of Christmas, Confounding Cupid, Cassandra by Starlight, Together in Starlight, Stripped Bare, Saving Alexander, Worth Keeping, Waiting for Rain and Double Alchemy.
The Rafflecopter Giveaway: An e-copy of both Double Alchemy and The Gift of Magic